Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Sibling Fighting

Tough boys fight? Really? LOL. In my house sibling fighting is a daily, sometimes hourly event. An unauthorized UFC event involving three tough boys, all which they believe they're the strongest, best, and always right. There just being boys! Chill people! Especially the people that don't have or understand boys that look at you like you're smoking crack when you watch your boys beat the crap out of each other and look at you in amazement that you're not stopping them immediately. Hey, I'd much rather have them practice and be beat up by their brothers than other kids. And guess what??? If anyone does mess with them, all of a sudden they all will knock the crap out of that poor soul.

Do I encourage the fights? No. Do I play fight with them? Yes. Do I punch them harder than normal Dad's? Heck yeah. I don't want them to be normal. I want my boys to be tougher than others. This is a blog about raising tough boys, not raising boys to be wimps and cry. LOL! How many of you are going to disagree with what I'm saying??? HA! Now for those wondering, I give you permission to ask my boys if I hurt them when I punch and fight with them. I'm pretty confident they'll laugh at you and say no.

All of my boys are interest in MMA. I'm in Judo and they ask when they can start going consistently. It will be a blast watching them in tournaments.

Here's a proud moment that happened not too long ago... My 6 year old was "play fighting" with a boy that was 9. My son was dominating the other boy. Just so you know I wouldn't consider the other boy a wimp, I'd actually classify him as a tough boy. However, at one point during the fight when my son was getting punched he smarted off to the kid "HAHAHA! You're 3 years older than me and you can't hurt or beat me!" Yes, I am proud. I will enjoy your responses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. My dad found this and emailed it to me; this was how he raised me and how l raised my four sons. In my day there was no MMA; l was a second generation amateur boxer. But one of my sons is an amateur MMA fighter and the other two are tough young men who nobody would mess with. I think it is important to raise boys to know how to take care of themselves.

    ReplyDelete