Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Raising Tough Boys

What is a tough boy? How do you raise a tough boy? Were you a tough boy?

Hello world! I really wanted to start this blog because more and more I see boys that aren't tough. It's sad really. A tough boy doesn't mean they can't be nice. It simply means they don't let the little stuff bother them. I hope to bring light to this subject through this blog. I want to open discussions and hear from you. I hope you like it.

First a little background... I was the oldest growing up. I have one full brother, two half-sisters, one half-brother, two step brothers, and two step sisters. No, we didn't all live together. LOL. I actually lived my childhood with my brother 5 years younger and my sister 15 years younger.

OK, before I take this blog into another direction... I'm going to have to get off the background and get back to raising tough boys. Maybe I just thought of another blog... growingupwithcraziness.blogger.com. HA!

I have three boys. (and one girl, again another blog... blondecrazysassypinkonewithdaddywrappedaroundherfinger.blogger.com). My boys are five, six, and ten. They all have very different personalities. Since my first son was born I knew I didn't want to grow up boys that were called "sissy", "mama's boy", etc. I've watched too many boys be sheltered from a little dirt, blood, and messiness.

Boys need to be more tough these days. Too many cry for little things. Too many boys go to mom first. It is my hope to bring awareness and to help those of you wanting to raise tough boys.

next topic... Don't Rush to Pick Them Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment